Neptune Marine Services Lands Subcontracts for Ichthys LNG Project Off WA
Neptune Marine Services Limited disclosed Wednesday that its Subsea Stabilization division was recently awarded two subcontracts by McDermott Australia for the Ichthys LNG (liquefied natural gas) Project offshore Western Australia. McDermott is the appointed main contractor for the Subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (SURF) engineering, procurement, construction and installation portion of the project.
The initial subcontract includes the design and fabrication of specialist scour protection systems and the secondary scope entails the grouting of the Riser Support Structure (RSS) and grouting of the SPS. Neptune’s in-house engineering team in Perth provided the engineering design of the scour protection systems and the fabrication is managed at Neptune’s facilities in Asia. Delivery of the scour protection systems is expected to commence in the third quarter of 2014, with third-party installation of the offshore structures to begin the following quarter. Neptune will perform the associated grouting once the systems are fully installed in accordance with McDermott’s installation schedule. These scopes are subsequent to the successful delivery of concrete mattresses for the Ichthys Project earlier this year by Neptune’s Subsea Stabilisation division.
Neptune’s CEO, Robin King, said “it is pleasing to see some of our other businesses being awarded work on this prominent resource project. Following the completion of multiple scopes of work for another key client by other Neptune divisions, our Geomatics and ROV (remotely operated vehicle) businesses also performed the pre-lay survey and array installation for McDermott in 2014.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Subsea Contract Features Made-in-India Element (Oct 03)
- Thailand Olefins Project Goes to McDermott (Oct 01)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
Company: Inpex more info
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: Neptune Marine Services more info
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)
- Neptune Marine Services Wins Contract from PTTEP Australasia (Jul 28)
- Neptune Bags Kitan Disconnection Project Contract from Technip (Feb 11)