Neptune Marine Services Lands Subcontracts for Ichthys LNG Project Off WA
Neptune Marine Services Limited disclosed Wednesday that its Subsea Stabilization division was recently awarded two subcontracts by McDermott Australia for the Ichthys LNG (liquefied natural gas) Project offshore Western Australia. McDermott is the appointed main contractor for the Subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (SURF) engineering, procurement, construction and installation portion of the project.
The initial subcontract includes the design and fabrication of specialist scour protection systems and the secondary scope entails the grouting of the Riser Support Structure (RSS) and grouting of the SPS. Neptune’s in-house engineering team in Perth provided the engineering design of the scour protection systems and the fabrication is managed at Neptune’s facilities in Asia. Delivery of the scour protection systems is expected to commence in the third quarter of 2014, with third-party installation of the offshore structures to begin the following quarter. Neptune will perform the associated grouting once the systems are fully installed in accordance with McDermott’s installation schedule. These scopes are subsequent to the successful delivery of concrete mattresses for the Ichthys Project earlier this year by Neptune’s Subsea Stabilisation division.
Neptune’s CEO, Robin King, said “it is pleasing to see some of our other businesses being awarded work on this prominent resource project. Following the completion of multiple scopes of work for another key client by other Neptune divisions, our Geomatics and ROV (remotely operated vehicle) businesses also performed the pre-lay survey and array installation for McDermott in 2014.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Neptune Marine Services more info
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)
- Neptune Marine Services Wins Contract from PTTEP Australasia (Jul 28)
- Neptune Bags Kitan Disconnection Project Contract from Technip (Feb 11)