Falkland Oil and Gas Makes Progress Ahead of 2015 Drilling Campaign
Falkland Oil and Gas Limited (FOGL) reported Tuesday that it is making progress with its preparations for its next drilling campaign, which is scheduled to start during the first quarter of 2015.
Reporting its half-year results for 2015, FOGL said that the interpretation of 3D seismic data from its seismic survey campaign completed in February is continuing, while it has contracted the Eirik Raude (DW semisub) rig for the forthcoming drilling campaign.
The company has agreed three drilling locations in the North Falkland Basin with its partners, Premier Oil and Rockhopper Exploration. In the South Falklands Basin the firm is working with Noble Energy and Edison International to finalise well locations for the 2015 drilling campaign as seismic data over the area continues to be evaluated.
In all, FOGL expects to take part in a five-well drilling program that will target more than 1.3 billion barrels of oil off the Falkland Islands. FOGL is the largest license holder of the six oil companies operating in the islands, with a net interest of more than 14,750 square miles.
FOGL Chairman Richard Liddell commented in a company statement:
"The first half of 2014 has been an active period for the company with the completion of the 3D seismic survey and the contracting of the Eirik Raude deep-water rig for a multi-well drilling program commencing in 1Q 2015. FOGL will be the only company drilling in both the northern and southern basins, and will have the largest overall equity participation.
"With our substantial partners and our strong financial position, we are well placed to capitalize on the opportunities that have been identified across our licenses offshore the Falkland Islands. We have made excellent progress in preparing for the drilling campaign which could transform the company."
Commenting on the Oil sector analysts at London-based investment bank Peel Hunt noted that the Eirik Raude rig will be on location and ready to start drilling in the North Falkland Basin by the end of the first quarter 2015.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Total, Edison Get Greek Go-Ahead For Oil And Gas Exploration (Feb 28)
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Noble Energy Gives In to Permian and Transport Challenges, Shares Fall (Aug 03)
- Israel, Egypt Gas Partners Near Deal to Control EMG Pipeline (Jun 14)
- Noble Energy's Sales Volume Forecast Disappoints, Shares Slide (May 01)
Company: Premier Oil more info
- Britain's Premier Oil To Lift Peak Output At Catcher Field (Aug 23)
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Falkland Oil & Gas more info
- Falkland Explorers Confirm Oil Discovery with Isobel Re-Drill (Jan 11)
- Premier Spuds Isobel-2 Well in North Falkland Basin (Nov 23)
- Sound Oil Makes Board Changes (Sep 28)
Company: Rockhopper Exploration more info
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)