Beach Commences Hydraulic Stimulation at Hervey-1 in ATP 855 in Queensland
Icon Energy Limited disclosed Tuesday that the ATP 855 Joint Venture has commenced the Hydraulic Stimulation program at Hervey-1 well in Queensland, Australia.
In Hervey-1 five zones in the Upper Patchawarra Formation are being fracture stimulated and then flow tested which will lead to a better understanding of the overall gas deliverability from this part of the well.
This program, involving hydraulic stimulation and extended flow testing of specific formations in the Geoffrey-1, Redland-1, Hervey-1 and Etty-1 wells which is expected to take approximately six weeks to complete, is designed to better understand the gas production potential from the Permian Formations (Toolachee to Patchawarra Formations) within the Nappamerri Trough in Queensland.
As the stimulation and testing program in ATP 855 progresses over the coming weeks, we will provide timely updates to the market.
Joint Venture Interests in ATP 855
- Icon Energy Limited - 35.1 percent
- Beach Energy Limited - 46.9 percent (Operator)
- Chevron Australia Exploration 1 Pty Ltd - 18 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)