Mubadala Spuds MNA-02 Development Well in Manora Oil Field Off Thailand
Australia's Tap Oil Limited provided Friday the following update on the Manora Oil Development in the Northern Gulf of Thailand (TAP 30 percent interest).
Mubadala Petroleum, Operator of the Manora Oil Development joint venture, has advised that at 10.00 (AWST) the Atwood Orca (400' ILC) jackup drilling unit has spud the first of 15 planned development wells, MNA-02.
The MNA-01 and MNA-02 wells will be batch drilled to final total depths of 6,902 feet (2,104 meters) and 8,008 feet (2,441 meters) measured depth respectively and shall be completed with electric submersible pumps (ESPs) ahead of handover to Production. Drilling and completion of both wells is planned to take 24 days on a trouble free basis.
Both wells are required ahead of introduction of hydrocarbons to the Manora production facility. Production is expected to occur shortly after the completion of the MNA-01 and MNA-02 wells.
The Manora A platform is located within the Gulf of Thailand in 150 feet (46 meters) of water. The development drilling program calls for drilling and completion of 15 wells (10 producers and 5 injectors), with the program expected to take until the end of 1Q 2015.
Tap has 2P reserves of 6.1 million barrels (20.2 million barrels gross) and 2C contingent resources of 3.2 million barrels (10.9 million barrels gross) booked for Manora (ASX release Oct. 27, 2011). Tap will review these reserves and contingent resources following development drilling and production performance.
Tap will make scheduled announcements upon commencement of drilling and completion of each well or each batch. Tap’s next expected announcement is at the completion of MNA-01 and MNA-02.
Manora Oil Development Summary
- Concession Parties:
- MP G1 (Thailand) Limited - 60 percent
- Northern Gulf Petroleum Pte Ltd - 10 percent
- Tap Energy (Thailand) Pty Ltd - 30 percent
- Expected Production Rate:
- Ramp up to a peak rate of 15,000 bopd
- 4,500 bopd Tap share
- 11 year field life
- Key Facilities:
- Single well head platform – four-leg platform jacket; substructure with the topside containing production process and well head equipment
- Pipeline and risers to the Floating Storage Offloading (FSO) Unit
- FSO Unit – moored, site specific crude oil FSO linked to the platform that will also serve as an accommodation hub
- Drilling of 15 development wells (10 producers, 5 water injectors)
- Reserves / Resources (Tap share)
- Tap has 2P reserves of 6.1 million barrels (20.2 million barrels gross) and 2C contingent resources of 3.2 million barrels (10.9 million barrels gross) booked for Manora (ASX release Oct. 27, 2011)
- Tap will review these reserves and contingent resources following development drilling and production performance
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.