Newbuild Atwood Achiever Mobilizes for Drilling Contract in North Africa
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. announced Wednesday the delivery of the Atwood Achiever (UDW drillship) from the Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd. (DSME) shipyard in South Korea. The Atwood Achiever has commenced the mobilization phase of its drilling services contract with Kosmos Energy and is expected to arrive in Northwest Africa in early December to conduct a three-year exploration drilling program.
Rob Saltiel, Atwood Oceanics president and CEO, commented, "We are very pleased to take delivery of the Atwood Achiever, the second of our four 'A-Class' ultra-deepwater drillships, from the DSME shipyard. We are eager to begin drilling operations for Kosmos and to demonstrate the extensive capabilities and efficiencies of this state-of-the-art drilling vessel."
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. is a leading offshore drilling contractor engaged in the drilling and completion of exploratory and developmental wells for the global oil and gas industry. The company currently owns 13 mobile offshore drilling units and is constructing two ultra-deepwater drillships. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)