SapuraKencana-Linked Firms Bag $124M T&I Contracts in Vietnam, Australia
Malaysia's SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad reported that its wholly-owned unit TL Offshore Sdn Bhd (TLO) and equal joint venture firm SapuraAcergy Sdn Bhd have bagged transportation and installation contracts, worth over $124 million, for projects in Vietnam and Australia, the company said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia Friday.
TL Offshore has been engaged for work on Phase 1 of the Nam Con Son 2 Gas Pipeline Project offshore Vietnam. The company will transport and install a 93 mile (151 kilometer) offshore pipeline in Nam Con Son field and an 11 mile (19 kilometer) pipeline in Dai Hung field -- located in the south west of Nam Con Son Basin, 161 miles (260 kilometers) from Vung Tau, Vietnam. Work on the $89 million contract will be performed over 2 campaigns in the third quarter of 2014 and second quarter of 2015.
In another assignment, TL Offshore has won a $7.3 million subcontract from Vietnam's PTSC Offshore Services Joint Stock Company to install the Te Giac Trang field H5 Wellhead Platform Jacket and Drilling Wellbay Module 1 in Block 16-1, offshore Vietnam.
Over in Australia, SapuraAcergy (Australia) Pty Ltd -- a wholly owned entity of SapuraAcergy which is a 50:50 joint venture firm between SapuraKencana Petroleum and Subsea7 S.A -- had inked a contract Aug. 19 with Origin Energy Resources Limited to transport and install a compressor module and a condensate pump module onto the 'Yolla A' platform, which is located in Yolla Field, Bass Strait, Australia.
Engineering work on the Origin Energy contract, approximately $28 million, has commenced, with the offshore installation campaign in Australia scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of 2014 over an estimated duration of 8 days.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Petroleum Technical Services Corporation (PTSC) more info
- SapuraKencana-Linked Firms Bag $124M T&I Contracts in Vietnam, Australia (Sep 02)
- PTSC M&C Clinches EPCIC Contract for Su Tu Nau Project in Block 15-1 (Dec 10)
- Vietnam's PTSC to Install Underwater Pipelines at Dai Hung (Mar 10)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)