Podcast: Back from the Ultimate Field Trip
In July, the student teams that won BP plc's 2014 Ultimate Field Trip competition got back from their visit to the company's operations in Seward, Alaska, and in Chicagoland in the U.S. Midwest.
The winning teams – from the UK, the United States, Angola, Canada and Trinidad & Tobago – were selected based on how well they met BP's challenge to identify a scalable and innovative solution to significantly reduce energy consumption within the energy industry.
Oxford University's team, "I Challenge You to a Joule", won the UK version of the UFT competition with a concept it proposed and presented that would see energy from gas flares at oil and gas wells used for aluminum electrolysis.
Here, Rigzone talks to one member of the Oxford team, Talbot Kingsbury, about what he learned from his field trip:
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ITEM Club: More Jobs Losses Expected in NE Scotland due to Oil Slump
- Shell Q&A: What Makes an Ideal Employer in Oil, Gas?
- Shell Takes First Place in Rigzone's Inaugural Ideal Employer Survey
- UK Government 'Must Recommit' to Oil, Gas Sector in Autumn Statement
- UK Government Gives Go-Ahead for Fracking in NW England