Shell Makes Gas Find at Marjoram-1 Well in Block SK318 Offshore Sarawak
Royal Dutch Shell plc reported Tueday that it has made a gas discovery at the company-operated deepwater Marjoram-1 well in Block SK318, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia - the second exploration success in the block after Rosmari-1 earlier this year.
“Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically advanced exploration is delivering tangible success in deep-water in Malaysia ... We have a long history in the region, and the addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future,” Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream International director said in a press release.
The Marjoram-1 well is located around 111 miles (180 kilometers) off the coast of Sarawak in water depths of around 2,624 feet (800 meters).
The Rosmari-1 exploration well, located 84 miles (135 kilometers) offshore in Block SK318, had encountered more than 1,476 feet (450 meters) of gas column when the discovery was announced by the European oil major in April.
Shell has an 85 percent interest in Block SK318, with the remaining 15 percent held by Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petroliam Nasional Berhad's upstream unti Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)