Idemitsu Makes Gas, Condensate Find at Blocks 05-1b & 05-1c Off Vietnam
Inpex Corporation announced Thursday that the Blocks 05-1b and 05-1c joint venture, comprising operator Idemitsu Oil & Gas Ltd., JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation and its s subsidiary Teikoku Oil (Con Son) Co. Ltd., made a gas and condensate discovery at the fourth well in Blocks 05-1b and 05-1c offshore southern Vietnam
The well in Blocks 05-1b and 05-1c, located 186 miles (300 kilometers) southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, was spud in February. The drill stem tests (DST) were carried out in May and August, and accumulations of gas and condensate were discovered.
This latest find follows discovery of oil and gas accumulations at other wells drilled in the same blocks. The joint venture will carried out a detailed reservoir evaluation in conjunction with further evaluation of other potential prospects in these two blocks.
Idemitsu has a 35 percent operating interest in Blocks 05-1b and 05-1c, while JX Nippon also holds a 35 percent stake and the remainder 30 percent is held by Teikoku Oil. The joint venture entered into a Production Sharing Contract with Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam) for Blocks 05-1b and 05-1c in October 2004, and were awarded an investment license by the Vietnamese government.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Idemitsu more info
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)