Lundin to Drill Gobi-1 Well in Gurita PSC in West Natuna in Late September
Australia's Nido Petroleum Limited, an oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Southeast Asia, revealed Thursday that the Operator of the Gurita production sharing contract (PSC) in West Natuna Basin, offshore Indonesia, Lundin Gurita BV -- a subsidiary of Lundin Petroleum B.V. -- has indicated that the drilling rig for the Gobi-1 well will become available to the Joint Venture in September.
"On the basis of Operator's advice, the Company now expects to spud the well in later September," Nido said in a press release.
Nido currently has a 10 percent working interest in the Gurita PSC after farming in to the block in June 2013. The company also acquired 10 percent stake in Baronang and Cakalang PSCs, both located in the West Natuna Basin, from Lundin.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)