MacGregor to Supply Subsea Cranes to China's Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding
Finland's Cargotec reported Wednesday that its unit MacGregor has secured a new contract from Chinese shipbuilder, Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Ltd, for two 100-ton active heave-compensated subsea MacGregor cranes. The cranes will be fitted to two 282-foot (86-meter) multi-purpose platform supply vessels (PSVs) under construction at the yard. Delivery of the cranes is scheduled for the end of September and October 2015.
"A key quality of PSVs is that they are able to perform a wide variety of tasks effectively in demanding offshore environments. The MacGregor cranes will ensure that flexibility," says Tom Svennevig, vice president, Offshore Load Handling.
Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Ltd, one of Fujian Shipbuilding Industry Group Corporation's three shipyards, specializes in offshore support vessels. This order builds on a contract placed by the yard in 2013 for eight cranes for installation on a new series of four compact semisubmersible (CSS) offshore accommodation vessels for Marine Assets Corporation (MAC). The crane deliveries for this order are scheduled to begin in August 2014 and finish by the end of February 2015.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Supply Deal for ME-Bound OSVs Being Built in China (Sep 20)
- MacGregor to Supply Pusnes Loading Systems to China's Cosco Shipyard (Feb 18)
- MacGregor Bags LBC Crane Contracts from Merkers Offshore (Jul 08)
Company: Cargotec more info
- MacGregor Lands Large Subsea Crane Order from China's ZMPC (Dec 31)
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Orders from China's XSI for Accommodation Vessels (Sep 26)
- MacGregor to Supply Subsea Cranes to China's Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding (Aug 21)