Apache, JX Nippon Commit to Drill Roc Prospect in Permit WA-437-P in NWS
Carnarvon Petroleum Limited (Carnarvon) reported Monday that Apache Northwest Pty Ltd (Apache) and JX Nippon have formally notified Carnarvon that they are committed to drilling the Roc prospect in WA-437-P in the North West Shelf of Western Australia. In doing so they will pay the earn-in costs to a cap of $70 million (gross). The Roc prospect is a follow up exploration well to the major new oil discovery made at the Phoenix South-1 well.
In addition to the above, Apache has exercized its option to acquire a 40 percent interest in WA-436-P and WA-438-P. Apache will assume operatorship of these permits and Carnarvon retains a 30 percent interest.
Managing Director, Adrian Cook said “Following the recent and exciting oil discovery in the Phoenix South-1 well, I am delighted that Apache and JX Nippon have committed to drilling the Roc prospect and to join ourselves and Finder Exploration as we look for more exploration success in the area. At this stage I expect the Roc well will be drilled in 2015 with an Apache contracted jackup.
Apache is a well-renowned global exploration and production company and we look forward to working with them as the operator of all four of the Permits we now share.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Carnarvon Petroleum Limited more info
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)