CNOOC Takes Delivery of FPSO Hai Yang Shi You 118 from DSIC
China National Offshore Oil Corp. (CNOOC) has taken delivery of a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel from Dailian Shipbuilding Industry Corp. (DSIC), with the facility expected to arrive at the Enping 24-2 oil field in Eastern South China Sea later this month, the company said earlier this week.
The FPSO, named "Hai Yang Shi You 118", has a processing capacity of 56,000 barrels of crude oil per day and is equipped to operate for 15 years without drydocking. The floating production facility, which has an operational life of 30 years, measures 743 feet (226.64 meters) in length and 165 feet (50.5 meters) in height and can work in water depths of between 32 feet and 984 feet (10 meters and 300 meters).
FPSO Hai Yang Shi You 118 was delivered two months earlier than the scheduled 18 months. Meanwhile, CNOOC continues with development work to prepare the Enping 24-2 oil field for first production targeted for later this year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CNOOC Leading the Way for China's NOCs (Jan 25)
- China's Surging Gasoline Exports Hurting Regional Refiners (Jan 15)
- Shell and CNOOC Eye Closer Petchems Collaboration (Oct 24)
Company: Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Offshore Co., Ltd. more info
- CNOOC Takes Delivery of FPSO Hai Yang Shi You 118 from DSIC (Aug 15)
- COSL Contracts DSIC Offshore, CMHI to Build 1 Semisub, 2 Jackups (Nov 01)
- Seadrill Orders Jack-Ups for Delivery 2015/2016 (Jun 20)