AWE May Commence Approval Process for Senecio Project in Western Australia
AWE Limited, as Operator of Permits L1/L2 in the Perth Basin, Western Australia, announced Tuesday that as at 06:00 hours (6.00am) AWST today, the Senecio-3 appraisal well was drilling ahead at a measured depth of 5,643 feet (1,720 meters) in an 8.5 inch hole following the installation of the 9.625 inch surface casing at 3,841 feet (1,171 meters).
The 8.5 inch hole will be drilled to a planned section depth of 8,628 feet (2,630 meters) prior to cutting up to 354 feet (108 meters) of core in the Dongara and Wagina tight sandstone.
The Senecio-3 well will be drilled vertically to a planned total depth of 9,130 feet (2,783 meters) and is designed to test the unconventional gas potential in the western side of the Senecio reservoir. Core samples and log data will be collected and sent for analysis and AWE will not conduct hydraulic fracture stimulation on Senecio-3 at this stage.
If the results are positive, AWE anticipates commencing the approvals process for the first phase of the Senecio unconventional gas field development. The Senecio-3 well could potentially be re-completed as a production well in a future field development.
The Senecio-3 appraisal well is located on agricultural land approximately 9 miles (14.5 kilometers) east of Dongara, Western Australia, and 4.3 mile (7 kilometers) from the operating Dongara gas plant.
The Joint Venture partners in L1/L2 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator) - 50.0 percent
- Origin Energy Resources Limited - 50.0 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)