Inpex Receives Environmental Permit for Abadi LNG Project in Masela Block
Japan's oil and gas exploration firm Inpex Corporation announced Monday that its affiliate Inpex Masela Ltd. has received an environmental permit from the Indonesian government for the Abadi liquefied natural gas (LNG) Project in the Masela Block, Arafura Sea, Indonesia.
The Abadi LNG Project is now being prepared by Inpex for development utilizing a Floating LNG (FLNG) concept, the company said in a press release. The approval of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, known locally as AMDAL (Analisis Mengenai Dampak Lingkungan), moves the project a step closer towards development.
In December 2010, the Indonesian authorities granted its approval for Inpex's plan of development for the Abadi project, which includes a FLNG with a capacity of 2.5 million tons per year of LNG. Inpex is currently conducting front end engineering and design works for the project.
Inpex holds a 65 percent operating interest in the Masela Block, while the remaining 35 percent is held by Royal Dutch Shell plc. Last June, Inpex and Shell acquired the 10 percent share belonging to Indonesia's upstream oil and gas company PT EMP Energi Indonesia (EMPI) after the latter agreed to divest its 10 percent participating interest in the Abadi LNG Project.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)