Genel Says Kurdish Fields 'Remain Safe and Secure'
Independent oil firm Genel Energy reported Friday that its Taq Taq and Tawke fields in Iraqi Kurdistan "remain safe and secure" with operations unaffected by the recent fighting between the Kurdish Peshmerga and Islamic State forces, which have been reported to be heading towards the Kurdistan capital of Erbil.
Genel said that remains "confident in the Kurdistan Regional Government's ability to maintain the territorial integrity of both the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and oil infrastructure".
Genel is the latest of a handful of oil and gas companies operating in Kurdistan that have sought to reinsure investors that operations are continuing as normal. On Thursday, Norway's DNO International said that it was continuing to conduct operations at all its site throughout Kurdistan.
Also on Thursday, President Barrack Obama stated that he had approved U.S. forces to carry out targeted air strikes in Iraq against the Islamic State forces.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ITEM Club: More Jobs Losses Expected in NE Scotland due to Oil Slump
- Shell Q&A: What Makes an Ideal Employer in Oil, Gas?
- Shell Takes First Place in Rigzone's Inaugural Ideal Employer Survey
- UK Government 'Must Recommit' to Oil, Gas Sector in Autumn Statement
- UK Government Gives Go-Ahead for Fracking in NW England