Rose Appoints New CEO for US Business
Junior energy firm Rose Petroleum announced Friday that it has appointed John Blair as Director of Oil & Gas and also as CEO of the firm's US business.
Rose said that Blair has more than 27 years' experience in upstream oil and gas. He was senior vice president at global consulting firm Knowledge Reservoir for three years until 2013, where he was involved in researching 150 unconventional shale resource plays worldwide for clients who included Statoil, Pemex, Marubeni, Itochu and Maersk.
Blair has also founded three private independent US oil and gas companies and is a recognized expert in both conventional and unconventional oil and gas exploration and development, Rose added.
Rose Group CEO Matthew Idiens commented in a company statement:
"In line with the company's directive of strengthening the oil and gas side of the Board, I am pleased to welcome John to the Board and his appointment to CEO of Rose (US). John's depth of experience in both operating and assessment of potential projects is a great asset for us and I look forward to working with him over the coming years. We are continuing to build the operations team in the US and plan to announce further updates in the near future."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Pemex more info
- Mexican Driller Latina Is Said to Bid for Pemex Contract (Jan 17)
- Mexico Fuel Sellers Said to Seek Pemex Alternative (Jan 11)
- AMLO Earmarks $23B to Boost National Oil Industry (Dec 17)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)