Rosneft Closes Weatherford Rigs Deal
Rosneft announced Friday that it has closed its deal to acquire land drilling and work-over assets from Weatherford International in Russia and Venezuela.
The deal, agreed last month, sees Rosneft acquire eight Weatherford subsidiaries involved in drilling operations in the two countries.
Rosneft said the realization of the deal will allow it to strengthen its position in the drilling and work-over services market, as well as expanding its network of service contractors to enable increased efficiency in its drilling operations and hydrocarbon production.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford Sells Data Logging Business to Pay Debt (Dec 17)
- ADES Buys 11 Drilling Rigs from Weatherford (Dec 03)
- Weatherford Sells Laboratory Business for $205MM (Oct 24)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Ifax: ExxonMobil Sees Russian LNG Plant's Capacity At 6.2MM T/Year (Jun 07)
- Russia State Oil Firm Starts Drilling At New Well Offshore Vietnam (May 15)
- Rosneft Appeals to Market With $2 Billion Buyback, Debt Cut (May 01)