Rosneft Closes Weatherford Rigs Deal
Rosneft announced Friday that it has closed its deal to acquire land drilling and work-over assets from Weatherford International in Russia and Venezuela.
The deal, agreed last month, sees Rosneft acquire eight Weatherford subsidiaries involved in drilling operations in the two countries.
Rosneft said the realization of the deal will allow it to strengthen its position in the drilling and work-over services market, as well as expanding its network of service contractors to enable increased efficiency in its drilling operations and hydrocarbon production.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)