Dolphin Bags Deal from TGS for Seismic Work in Australia's Ceduna Sub-basin
Norway's Dolphin Group ASA reported Thursday that its unit Dolphin Geophysical AS has been awarded a contract from TGS for Nerites Season 2 located in the Bight's deepwater Ceduna Sub-basin in Australia, covering 5,019 square miles (13,000 square kilometers).
The initial Season 1 was successfully carried out by Polar Duchess and she will return together with a second Dolphin high-capacity vessel in 4Q 2014 or 1Q 2015 to complete this record large program with an estimated duration of 9 vessel months.
"I'm very pleased that Dolphin has been awarded this record contract in a seismic market that appears to be more competitive and selective. This and other recent awards demonstrate that Dolphin has an asset base and organisation that makes us a preferred contractor on large surveys requiring powerful solutions" commented, Atle Jacobsen, Dolphin Group's CEO.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Dolphin Geophysical AS more info
- Polarcus Wins 3D Seismic Survey Deal (Dec 15)
- Seismic Surveyor Dolphin Files for Bankruptcy due to Oil Price Crash (Dec 14)
- Dolphin Accepts LOA to Undertake 3D Seismic Projects Offshore India (Nov 09)