MUA Withdraws Notice to Strike at Mermaid Dampier Supply Base in WA
Mermaid Marine Australia Limited (MMA or the Company) announced Thursday that the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) has withdrawn notice of the intention to take protected industrial action at the Mermaid Dampier Supply Base in Western Australia in respect of ongoing negotiations for a new enterprise agreement.
The proposed protected industrial action by up to 70 of the Company’s Supply Base employees covered by an enterprise agreement with the MUA was due to commence Aug. 1 and continue for 10 consecutive, 24 hour periods.
MMA is in ongoing discussions with the MUA and is seeking to achieve:
- market competitive wages and conditions for the Company’s Supply Base employees
- long term employment security; and
- flexibility to service the changing needs of its clients.
MMA continues to meet with the MUA in an effort to reach a fair and reasonable outcome for all parties.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- MUA Withdraws Notice to Strike at Mermaid Dampier Supply Base in WA (Jul 31)
- MMA Completes $495M Acquisition of Singapore's Jaya Holdings (Jun 05)
- Vard Bags Deals to Design, Build 2 PSVs for Mermaid Marine Australia (Mar 17)