Icon to Commence Hydraulic Stimulation at Queensland's ATP 855 in September
Icon Energy Limited announced Wednesday that the ATP 855 Joint Venture in Queensland, Australia has reached agreement on the forthcoming hydraulic stimulation and testing program to be undertaken by Condor Energy Services Limited (Condor) due to commence in early September 2014.
Condor’s hydraulic stimulation equipment arrived in Melbourne July 26. Following clearance in Melbourne and testing in Adelaide, the equipment will be transported to the Cooper Basin in preparation for the commencement of the hydraulic stimulation program.
This program, involving hydraulic stimulation and extended flow testing of specific formations in Geoffrey-1, Redland-1, Hervey-1 and Etty-1, is designed to better understand the gas production potential from the Permian Formations within the Nappamerri Trough.
The program is scheduled to take a number of months as the wells are flow tested and preliminary decline rates determined in order to better understand the potential gas recovery from these formations.
In Geoffrey-1 the lowermost part of the well will be tested initially and, subject to Joint Venture approval, shallower formations will subsequently be stimulated and flow tested in order to evaluate the flow characteristics of those individual formations. This will lead to a better understanding of the overall gas deliverability from the well.
Icon Energy Managing Director Ray James said, “We have focussed extensively on the results we wanted to achieve from the stimulation and testing program and we have designed a program aimed at achieving acceptable flow rates and decline curves.
In moving this project forward, it is important for us to be able to understand and then focus our attention on the commercial aspects of the tenement and achieving acceptable flow and decline rates is a major step forward in this outcome.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Icon Energy more info
- Icon Energy, Shantou Sino Energy Extend Deadline for Gas Sales Agreement (Jun 26)
- Icon Secures Renewal of ATP 594 in Queensland's Cooper-Eromanga Basin (May 15)
- Beach Ups Contingent Resources of Nappamerri Trough Project, Chevron Quits (Mar 30)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)