Saipem Wins $850M of Drilling Contracts
Italian drilling firm Saipem reported Tuesday that it has been awarded new contracts in Indonesia, Nigeria, the Arabian Gulf and Latin America that are worth approximately $850 million. Approximately $540 million of the contracts are related to offshore drilling and will involve the use of four vessels from Saipem's fleet.
Saipem said that the Scarabeo 7 (DW semisub) rig will be used by Eni Muara Bakau for the drilling of at least 12 wells offshore Indonesia. The project is expected to be completed during the first quarter of 2017, with the rig remaining under contract with Eni until February 2018.
In West Africa, the contract for the Scarabeo 3 (mid-water semisub) rig has been extended to march 2015.
Meanwhile, NDC has extended the contract for the Perro Negro 2 (300' ILC) rig for 24 months, beginning in January 2015, for drilling in the Arabian Gulf. In Ecuador, EP Petroamazona was extended by 10 months the charter of the Ocean Spur (300' ILC) rig, which is operated by Saipem, until the end of the first quarter of 2015.
Saipem's onshore drilling unit has been awarded contracts worth $310 million relating to 31 drilling rigs in South America: 21 in Venezuela, seven in Peru, two in Colombia and one in Ecuador.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)