EOC Orders 2 Accommodation/Maintenance Vessels from China's XSIC for $72M
EOC Limited (EOC or the Group), one of Asia’s leading providers of offshore oil and gas development and production solutions, announced Thursday that it would be adding two new accommodation/maintenance vessels to its fleet, in line with its focus on growing its offshore accommodation business.
EOC has entered into shipbuilding contracts worth a total of approximately $72 million with Xiamen Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd. a shipyard based in Xiamen, China, for the two accommodation/maintenance vessels, with options for a further two similar specification vessels. The shipbuilding contract price does not include owner furnished and nominated equipment.
On July 10, the Group announced that it had entered into an agreement with its largest shareholder, Ezra Holdings Limited (Ezra) to consolidate EMAS Marine, Ezra’s offshore support services division, under the Group, to create one of the largest offshore support services providers in the Asia-Pacific region by asset value, as well as a proposed secondary listing of EOC in Singapore. In addition, the Group also announced the acquisition of an accommodation and support vessel on the same date. The addition of these two new accommodation vessels is in line with the Group’s strategy to continue to grow its fleet and build on its platform as one of the largest offshore accommodation and support services providers in the region.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Singapore Banks' Sour Loans In Focus As Oil Service Sector Stresses (Feb 10)
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: EOC Limited more info
- EOC Owns Lewek Antares After Acquiring 50% Stake from KMPL for $18.3M (Aug 28)
- Ezra's Shareholders Approve Consolidation of EMAS Marine into EOC (Aug 20)
- EOC Orders 2 Accommodation/Maintenance Vessels from China's XSIC for $72M (Jul 18)