KCA Deutag Wins $170M Sonangol Rig Contract
Aberdeen-based drilling and engineering contractor KCA Deutag reported Wednesday that it has won a $170-million contract with Sonangol Pesquisa e Produção to supply its Ben Rinnes (350' ILC) rig for work in Angola.
The two-year agreement, which can be extended for a further two years, will see KCA's offshore division provide drilling and completion services in various locations offshore Angola. The contract will see the employment of 100 people, the majority of whom will be Angolan nationals.
KCA Deutag Offshore Division President Run Lorentzen commented in a company statement:
"We are extremely proud to partner with Angola's national oil company. This award is a reflection of the quality and strength of our operations across the globe, and our approach to working with our customers to understand their needs and provide them with drilling solutions for the future.
"Angola is the second largest oil producer in Africa and it continues to be a major hub of activity for KCA Deutag. We have worked hard to build a strong presence within the region and this contract will only serve to enhance our operations even further."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)