Kan Tan IV Completes Drilling at Oi-2 Well in PMP 38158 Offshore Taranaki
Pan Pacific Petroleum (PPP) announced Tuesday that it has been advised by AWE, the operator of petroleum mining permit (PMP) 38158 containing the Oi-2 exploration well which is being drilled by Kan Tan IV (mid-water semisubmersible), that as of 06:00hrs operations are proceeding to plug and abandon Oi-2 located offshore Taranaki, New Zealand after which the rig will then abandon Oi-1 prior to release.
The Joint Venture partners in the Oi-2 exploration well are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator): 31.25 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas (via subsidiaries): 18.75 percent
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (via subsidiaries): 50.00 percent
The Joint Venture partners in PMP 38158 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator): 57.50 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas (via subsidiaries): 27.50 percent
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (via subsidiaries): 15.00 percent
The information contained in this announcement is current as at the date indicated in this release. This report is based on information compiled by Tom Prudence (CEO). Prudence has a BSc (Hons) in Geological Geophysics and an MSc in Petroleum Geology. He is also a Fellow of the Geological Society of London and a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). Prudence has consented in writing to the inclusion of this information in the format and context in which it appears.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)