TAO-1 Well, Offshore Morocco, Drilling to Schedule
The drilling of Portuguese independent Galp Energia's TAO-1 exploration well, offshore Morocco, is proceeding according to plan with no major operational issues so far occurring, its partner Tangiers Petroleum reported Monday.
Tangiers confirmed that it expects the well to intersect the Assaka and Trident objectives within 60 days of spud, which happened on June 26.
Galp has a 50-percent interest in the Tarfaya Offshore Block, where the TAO-1 well is located, while Tangiers holds a 25-percent stake. ONHYM (Morocco's National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines) holds the remaining 25 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)
Company: Tangiers Petroleum Ltd. more info
- TAO-1 Well, Offshore Morocco, Drilling to Schedule (Jul 14)
- Ralph Coffman Spuds TAO-1 Well in Tarfaya Block Offshore Morocco (Jun 26)
- Tangiers Secures Funding For Moroccan Drilling Program (Jun 04)