MacGregor to Supply Offloading System for Bumi Armada's FPSO Project
Finland's Cargotec announced Friday that its unit MacGregor has won an order from Bumi Armada Berhad, a Malaysia-based international offshore oilfied services provider, to supply a Pusnes offloading system for a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) conversion project at Keppel Shipyard in Singapore. The Pusnes offloading system will be delivered by March 2015. The order is booked into the second quarter 2014 order intake.
"By having Pusnes products in MacGregor's portfolio, we are able to offer complete mooring and loading systems for floating production units," says Francis Wong, vice president, Segment Sales, Offshore.
Bumi Armada are using a recently built ice-class tanker for the FPSO conversion, which will take place at Keppel Shipyard Ltd in Singapore. Once completed, FPSO Armada Kraken will have a total storage capacity of 600,000 barrels and will be deployed at the Kraken field located in the UK sector of the North Sea.
"Our customer wanted to have an experienced supplier with a good track record of delivering safe and reliable offloading systems for demanding North Sea projects," adds Erland Berntsen, sales manager, Offshore Loading at MacGregor.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Bumi Armada to Pay $85M in Reimbursement, Liquidated Damages for FPSO (Sep 16)
- Bumi Armada Berhad Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (Sep 09)
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
Company: Cargotec more info
- MacGregor Lands Large Subsea Crane Order from China's ZMPC (Dec 31)
- MacGregor Wins Equipment Orders from China's XSI for Accommodation Vessels (Sep 26)
- MacGregor to Supply Subsea Cranes to China's Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding (Aug 21)