Technip Wins Subsea Services Deal with Statoil, Exxon and Gassco
French oilfield services firm Technip announced Tuesday that it has been awarded a new deal with Statoil, ExxonMobil and Gassco to provide subsea services across a number of regions.
Technip said the services comprise diving and remote operations using its dedicated diving support vessels as well as construction vessels. The zone of operation includes continental area from the Barents Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic Ocean as well as Newfoundland, Canada. This zone of operation may also be extended based on Statoil's future requirements.
Technip's operating center in Stavanger, Norway, will administrate and execute the projects under the deal. It will support Statoil on projects that require saturation diving, air diving and equipment spreads from the Pipeline Repair System (PRS) Pool. The PRS is managed by Statoil and supplies prepared equipment that allows the speedy repair of pipelines owned by members of the pool.
Technip Managing Director for Norway Odd Strømsnes commented in a company statement:
"This framework agreement will enable us to consolidate our excellent relationship with Statoil. We are proud to provide our services to all members of the PRS Pool for the maintenance of underwater pipelines, requiring advanced technology. With both [diving support vessels] and construction vessels currently under construction, Technip maintains its commitment to developing a world-class fleet to support Statoil and other operators combining diving and ROV [remotely-operated vehicle] operations."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Equinor ASA more info
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
- Chevron Wellhead Deal Goes to TechnipFMC (Nov 14)
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
Company: Gassco more info
- Norway's Gassco To Improve Transparency Of Gas Flows, Outage Reporting (Apr 03)
- Gassco: Norway's 2017 Gas Output At Least The Same As 2016 (Jun 07)
- IKM Ocean Design Wins Johan Sverdrup Contract (Sep 14)