Technip Wins Subsea Services Deal with Statoil, Exxon and Gassco
French oilfield services firm Technip announced Tuesday that it has been awarded a new deal with Statoil, ExxonMobil and Gassco to provide subsea services across a number of regions.
Technip said the services comprise diving and remote operations using its dedicated diving support vessels as well as construction vessels. The zone of operation includes continental area from the Barents Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic Ocean as well as Newfoundland, Canada. This zone of operation may also be extended based on Statoil's future requirements.
Technip's operating center in Stavanger, Norway, will administrate and execute the projects under the deal. It will support Statoil on projects that require saturation diving, air diving and equipment spreads from the Pipeline Repair System (PRS) Pool. The PRS is managed by Statoil and supplies prepared equipment that allows the speedy repair of pipelines owned by members of the pool.
Technip Managing Director for Norway Odd Strømsnes commented in a company statement:
"This framework agreement will enable us to consolidate our excellent relationship with Statoil. We are proud to provide our services to all members of the PRS Pool for the maintenance of underwater pipelines, requiring advanced technology. With both [diving support vessels] and construction vessels currently under construction, Technip maintains its commitment to developing a world-class fleet to support Statoil and other operators combining diving and ROV [remotely-operated vehicle] operations."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Gassco more info
- Gassco: Norway's 2017 Gas Output At Least The Same As 2016 (Jun 07)
- IKM Ocean Design Wins Johan Sverdrup Contract (Sep 14)
- Norway's Offshore Knarr Field to Deliver Gas to Britain (Mar 02)