Technip Clinches Total's Edradour Subsea Development Contract
France's Technip was awarded a contract by Total E&P UK for the Edradour Subsea Development, located approximately 46.6 miles (75 kilometers) North West of the Shetland Islands, in approximately 984 feet (300 meters) of water.
Technip’s scope of work covers the:
- fabrication and installation of 12 inch production pipelines, 6 inch mono-ethylene glycol (MEG) pipeline complete with 2 inch piggy backed service line
- supply and installation of steel tube umbilical
- fabrication and installation of pipeline end manifold, flowline end termination, flexible tails and rigid well tie-in spools, as well as the installation of templates and manifolds provided by the client
- rock dumping and pre-commissioning
The Group will leverage its unique vertical position in the subsea business:
- Technip’s operating centre in Oslo, Norway, will execute the project, while vessels from the Group fleet will perform the installation in the summer seasons of 2016 and 2017
- the pipelines will be fabricated at Technip’s spoolbase at Evanton, UK, and installed by the Deep Energy, the fastest and one of the largest and most capable pipelay vessels ever built in our industry
- umbilicals will be manufactured at the Group’s new facility in Newcastle, UK
Knut Boe, president North Sea Canada, stated: “Technip is extremely proud of the award of this contract, which demonstrates the competitiveness of our Project Management and Engineering organization and of our new state-of-the-art vessel, the Deep Energy, supporting subsea developments in shallow to ultra-deep waters.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)