Oil Basins Gets NOPTA's Approval to Acquire 25% Stake in Permit Vic/P47
Australia's Oil Basins Ltd. (OBL) announced Thursday that further to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) Release dated May 14, the company wishes to advise that it has attained approval and registration by the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) for the acquisition and transfer of a 25 percent interest in Vic/P47, including the Moby Gas Field Location, offshore Gippsland, Australia to the OBL Group.
NOPTA has approved that the transfer of the 25 percent interest in Vic/P47 be equally divided between OBL and OBL's wholly owned subsidiary Shelf Oil Pty Ltd.
OBL will issue Strategic Energy Resources Limited 6.0 million new OBL ordinary shares at $0.0188 (AUD 0.02) per share to finalize this transaction.
The Vic/P47 Joint Venture Participants will become:
- Seaquest Petroleum Pty Ltd. - 40.00 percent and Operator
- Enegex N.L.* - 19.25 percent
- Moby Oil & Gas Ltd. - 15.75 percent
- Oil Basins Ltd. - 12.50 percent
- Shelf Oil Pty Ltd. - 12.50 percent
* subject to NOPTA approval and registration
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Oil Basins Inks Deal with Ochre Group for Financing Support (Jul 13)
- Oil Basins Quits as Derby Block Operator, 2 Directors Lose Executive Roles (May 31)
- WA Court Orders OBL to Resign as EP487 Operator in Canning Basin (May 27)