Woodside Finds Gas at Toro-1 Exploration Well Offshore WA
Woodside Petroleum Ltd. reported Wednesday that the Toro-1 exploration well in permit WA-430-P offshore Western Australia has intersected approximately 492 feet (150 meters) gross gas and 213 feet (65 meters) net gas within the Mungaroo Formation target.
The well reached a total depth of 12,217 feet (3,724 meters), referenced from the rig rotary table. Following drilling, wireline logging has been conducted and confirmed the presence of a gas column through pressure measurements and gas sampling. The well will now be plugged and abandoned as planned.
Toro is located in Western Australia’s Exmouth Sub-Basin and is within 13.6 miles (22 kilometers) of Woodside’s existing Ragnar-1A discovery.
Woodside Executive Vice President Global Exploration Philip Loader said, “This successful exploration outcome builds Woodside’s gas volumes within the Exmouth Sub-Basin creating options for maximizing the value of our Australian assets.”
Woodside is the operator and 70 percent equity owner of WA-430-P. Mitsui E&P Australia has the remaining 30 percent equity.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)