Seismic Survey over Ireland's Drombeg Prospect Begins
Irish explorer Providence Resources reported Monday that 3D seismic survey operations have begun on its Drombeg oil prospect in the southern Porcupine Basin, offshore southwest Ireland.
Sitting in license FEL 2/14, the Lower Cretaceous Drombeg prospect is located in 8,200 feet of water and is 135 miles off the west coast of Ireland. The license is operated by Providence, which has an 80-percent stake in it. Sosina Exploration holds the remaining 20 percent.
Providence has agreed to acquire approximately 422 square miles of 3D seismic data over Drombeg. This data is being collected by Polarcus MC as part of a multi-client survey, which is one of the largest ever 3D seismic surveys to take place offshore Ireland.
Polarcus is using its M/V Polarcus Amani next-generation seismic vessel for the survey.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)
Company: Sosina Exploration more info
- 3D Seismic Survey Begins at Spanish Point South (Aug 14)
- Seismic Program About to Start Offshore SW Ireland (Aug 07)
- Seismic Survey over Ireland's Drombeg Prospect Begins (Jun 30)