Malaysian-French Engineering for Petronas Projects
The Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE) and France’s Technip SA joint venture have been kept busy with a number of offshore projects in Malaysia and abroad. While domestic projects are carried out at two shipyards in southern Peninsular Malaysia, those for the Caspian Sea are being undertaken at Kiyanly shipyard in Turkmenistan.
Optimism Generated by Petronas Upstream Plans
“The renewed focus by Petronas on local exploration & production development, enhanced oil recovery (EOR) initiatives and marginal field developments, will positively impact on our yards as we will be able to capitalize on these future opportunities from a position of strength,” Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Bhd (MHB) Managing Director & CEO Dominique De Soras said in an interview with Rigzone.
Malaysia’s national oil and gas company, Petronas Nasional Bhd (Petronas), is investing $91.86 billion (MYR 300 billion) on its projects, including a number of deepwater and EOR projects.
“MHB is bullish of business prospects,” he said.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
Company: Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering Sdn Bnd more info
- MHB MD/CEO Abu Fitri Abdul Jalil Leaves Company After Recall by PETRONAS (Mar 30)
- Malaysian-French Engineering for Petronas Projects (Jun 27)
- Petronas Awards 15 Contracts to Local Fabricators for Malaysian Projects (Oct 23)