Eni Signs Agreement to Explore Block 122 in Phu Khanh Basin Off Vietnam
Italy's Eni S.p.A. signed an agreement Thursday in Hanoi with Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) for the exploration of Block 122 in the Phu Khanh Basin, offshore Vietnam.
Block 122 covers an area of 2,664 square miles (6,900 square kilometers) in the Phu Khanh Basin in water depths of up to 6,561 feet (2,000 meters). The exploration period will last 7 years, subdivided in 2 phases.
The Block 122 Production Sharing Contract (PSC) was signed by Eni CEO Claudio Descalzi and PetroVietnam President and CEO Do Van Hau.
"This new agreement confirms Eni’s interest to continue and consolidate its presence in Vietnam, where the company returned in 2012 and operates already 3 offshore exploration blocks," Eni said in a press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
- Eni Acquires Leases on Alaska's Eastern North Slope (Aug 29)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)