Source: Gazprom in Talks to Buy Abu Dhabi's OMV stake
ABU DHABI/VIENNA, June 26 (Reuters) – Russia's Gazprom is in talks to buy Abu Dhabi's 24.9 percent stake in Austrian oil and gas firm OMV, a source familiar with the talks told Reuters on Thursday.
The source confirmed comments from an Austrian member of parliament, who told Kurier newspaper and Reuters he had "concrete indications" that Abu Dhabi fund International Petroleum Investment Co (IPIC) and Gazprom had held discussions on the issue.
Austrian state holding company OIAG, which holds 32 percent of OMV in a shareholder pact with IPIC and coordinates any shareholding changes, said it had seen no sign that IPIC wanted to exit.
Gazprom, IPIC and OMV declined to comment.
(Reporting by Georgina Prodhan, Angelika Gruber and Michael Shields in Vienna and Stanley Carvalho in Abu Dhabi; editing by Tom Pfeiffer)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US House Opposes Russian Gas Pipeline (Dec 11)
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
Company: OMV more info
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
- Austria's OMV to Invest in UAE Offshore Oilfields in $1.5B Deal with ADNOC (Apr 05)
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)