Mubdala Confirms Pegaga Gas Discovery in Block 320 Offshore Malaysia
Mubadala Petroleum reported Monday that appraisal drilling and testing has confirmed the Pegaga discovery in Block SK320 offshore Malaysia as a substantial gas find with significant commercial potential.
A third discovery, Sirih-1, has also been confirmed from the 2013/14 exploration drilling program that has targeted a series of carbonate pinnacles within Block SK320. This adds to the Pegaga-1 and Sintok-1 discoveries announced previously, and the existing M5 discovery which Mubadala Petroleum successful appraised in 2012.
The Pegaga-2 appraisal well was drilled to a total depth of 8,809 feet (2,685 meters) and confirmed an 2,788 foot (850 meter) gas column. Testing of the main gas-bearing zones produced flow rates of 30-50 million cubic feet per day of good quality gas with condensate. Pegaga lies in 357 feet (109 meters) of water.
The Sirih-1 well, adjacent to the Sintok discovery, was drilled to a total depth of 9,842 feet (3,000 meters) into the main target reservoir and penetrated a 961 foot (293 meter) gas column. Sirih-1 was plugged and abandoned as planned.
Maurizio La Noce, CEO of Mubadala Petroleum, said, “Validating the objectives of our exploration program and the quality of our organization, we are excited to confirm four gas discoveries in close proximity, including the original M-5 well success, all within the Mubadala Petroleum operated block SK320. Together these discoveries represent a very significant hydrocarbon resource, with the potential for a commercially attractive, integrated development. We are building up our team and will be working closely with our partners, Petronas Carigali and Shell, to evaluate all the options for commercializing the resources in the block in due course.”
Sintok-1 well was drilled to a total depth of 9,104 feet (2,775 meters) into the main target reservoir and also penetrated a 951 foot (290 meter) gas column.
Mubadala Petroleum was appointed operator of Block SK320 on award in 2010. Partners are:
- Mubadala Petroleum - 55 percent (Operator)
- Petronas Carigali - 25 percent
- Sarawak Shell Berhad - 20% precent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Mubadala Development more info
- Mubadala To Hold Abu Dhabi's 2% Stake In BP (Dec 19)
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Abu Dhabi Plans Merger Of Sovereign Funds Mubadala And IPIC (Jun 29)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)