Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field
Junior energy firm Mediterranean Oil & Gas (MOG) reported Thursday that the operator of Italy's Guendalina gas field, Eni, has told it that the GUE 3ss well on the field is currently not producing as expected due to a deterioration in the performance of the well's production string.
The news is the latest setback in the development of the offshore field, despite an initial positive response to the well intervention that was conducted by Eni in January this year.
MOG said that deterioration is interpreted as confirming the presence of damage in the near-wellbore area of the completion and reservoir. As a consequence, the stated goal of increasing the well's production to 1.41 million cubic feet of gas per day (282,000 cubic feet per day net to MOG) does not appear to be achievable.
MOG added that Eni is currently monitoring the GUE 3ss well's performance while evaluating further remedial solutions to boost production, including a further well intervention as well as a possible future up-dip side track of the GUE 2 well.
The Guendalina field as a whole is currently producing approximately 1.24 million cubic feet of gas per day net to MOG.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Mediterranean Oil & Gas more info
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)