Lamprell Bags Deal to Supply 29 Modules for Upper Zakum UZ750 Project
Lamprell plc, a leading provider of diversified engineering and contracting services to the onshore and offshore oil & gas and renewable energy industries, announced Thursday that it has received a new contract award from Petrofac Emirates L.L.C. (Petrofac) for the fabrication and delivery of 29 modules.
The modules are being constructed for use in connection with the Zakum Development Company (ZADCO, one of Abu Dhabi Oil Company, or ADNOC, Group of Companies' landmark Upper Zakum UZ750 (EPC-2) field development in Abu Dhabi. The estimated total weight for all of the modules will be approximately 10,000 tons. Lamprell is scheduled to deliver the first shipment of modules in 2Q 2015, with the final pipe-rack expected to be delivered in 1Q 2016.
James Moffat, CEO, Lamprell, said:
"We are pleased to announce this new contract from Petrofac, for whom Lamprell completed similar works last year for the Laggan Tormore development in the North Sea. We have established a strong track record in the offshore and onshore construction sector which is one of Lamprell's core markets, and we continue to see further growth opportunities."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)