Sino G&E Reports 1.2 MMscf/d Gas Flows at TB-26 Well in Linxing PSC
Sino Gas & Energy Holdings Limited (Sino Gas, the Company) reported Thursday that a flow rate of 1.2 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) has been achieved from an unfracced lower zone of TB-26 on the Linxing Production Sharing Contract (PSC) in China's Ordos Basin.
A lower 13 foot (4 meter) pay zone was perforated on TB-26 in the prospective north-western portion of Linxing (West). Flow testing conducted over 4 days achieved a stable flow rate of 1.2 MMscf/d at a relatively stable flowing tubing head pressure of 1,740 psi (approximately 1.66 MMscf/d calculated at standard field pressure of 200 psi). The well has now been shut in for pressure build up testing, which will continue for approximately 10 days to gather reservoir information for Chinese Reserve Reporting purposes.
Commenting on the flow testing results Sino Gas’ Chief Operating Officer, Frank Fu said that the result was particularly encouraging, given that the testing was conducted in the prospective area of Linxing (West), which currently does not have any contingent resources or reserves assigned. The flow test was also conducted on a less prolific lower zone, with these results representing a tenfold increase from that of the previous test, he added.
Exploration disclosure for the testing result of TB-26 is detailed below:
- The name and type of well: TB-26 (Vertical Well)
- The location of the well and the details of the permit or lease in which the well is located: Linxing Production Sharing Contract (PSC)
- The entity's working interest in the well: 31.7 percent
- If the gross pay thickness is reported for an interval of conventional resources, the net pay thickness: Electric wireline logs identified 46.5 feet (14.2 meters) of net pay
- The geological type rock type of the formation drilled: Coal bearing formations from the Permian to Carboniferous System
- The depth of the zones tested: Test target pay zones was at a depth of 6.761-6.774 feet (2,061-2,065 meters)
- The types of test(s) undertaken and the duration of the test(s): Peforated and gas flow tested for 4 days
- The hydrocarbon phases recovered in the test(s): Gas
- Any other recovery, such as, formation water and water, associated with the test(s) and their respective proportions: None
- The choke size used, the flow rates and, if measured, the volumes of the hydrocarbon phases measured: Choke size 0.19 inch (5 millimeter). Pre-frac test gas rate of 1,214,000 scf/d with well head pressure of ~12.0MPa (1,740 psi)
- If applicable, the number of fracture stimulation stages and the size and nature of fracture stimuation applied: None
- Any material volumes of non-hydrocarbon gases, such as, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur: Gas samples were taken and sent to laboratory for analysis. Material volumes of non-hydrocarbon gases have not previously been identified from this pay zone
- Any other information that is material to understanding the reported results: None
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's CNEML Completes $220M Acquisition of a 51% Stake in Sino Gas Energy (Jul 21)
- MIE Shareholders Approve $220M Sale of Sino Gas Energy to China's CNEML (Jun 21)
- CUCBM Inks Deal to Supply Gas from China's Linxing PSC to Huasheng (Jun 02)