Statoil Says Discovers Additional 2-3 TCF Of Gas Off Tanzania
OSLO, June 18 (Reuters) – Norway's Statoil said on Wednesday it has made a high-impact gas discovery in Block 2 offshore Tanzania, boosting discovered gas volumes by 2-3 trillion cubic feet (57-85 billion cubic metres).
That brings the total discovered gas volumes in Block 2 to about 20 trillion cubic feet (566 billion cubic metres), the company added in a statement.
Statoil operates the licence on Block 2 on behalf of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) and has a 65 percent stake, with ExxonMobil and Production Tanzania Limited holding the remaining 35 percent.
(Reporting by Nerijus Adomaitis, editing by Terje Solsvik)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)