Eni Signs Strategic Oil Deal with Kazakhstan's KazMunayGas
MILAN, June 12 (Reuters) – Eni said on Thursday it had signed an agreement with state-owned KazMunayGas (KMG) to jointly explore an offshore oil field that will allow the Italian oil major to grow its presence in Kazakhstan.
Under the deal Eni and KMG will each own 50 percent of exploration and production rights in the Isatay offshore exploration block in the north Caspian Sea, Eni said in a statement.
"The block is estimated to have significant potential oil resources and will be operated by a joint operating company," it said.
The agreement also envisages the development of a shipyard project on the Caspian Sea coast at Kuryk, it said.
(Reporting by Stephen Jewkes; Editing by Oleg Vukmanovic)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: KazMunayGas more info
- Shell Said to Drop Plan to Buy Stake in Kazakh State Oil Company (Oct 09)
- Caspian Pipeline Consortium Cuts CPC Blend Export Plan by 10 Pct (Aug 21)
- New UK Listing Rules Set to Attract State Companies Beyond Aramco (Jul 17)