Bluewater to Supply 2 Turret Mooring Systems for Kaombo Project off Angola
Bluewater Energy Services B.V. disclosed Thursday that the firm has secured a contract with Saipem SA for the engineering of 2 complete deep water Turret Mooring Systems and the related procurement and construction of 2 Turret and Swivel Systems.
The Turret Mooring Systems will be part of 2 converted floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) units, owned by Total, for the Kaombo deep water Field Development Project, located in Block 32, offshore Angola in a water depth of 5,413 feet (1,650 meters). The Kaombo development scheme includes 59 subsea wells, connected through around 186 miles (300 kilometers) of subsea lines, to two FPSO units, each with a production capacity of 125,000 barrels per day.
“With an extensive track record in Turret Mooring Systems already, this project is a great opportunity for Bluewater to strengthen its position as one of the few worldwide specialists and suppliers of large complex Turret Mooring System,” says Hugo J. Heerema, president and CEO of Bluewater Energy Services B.V.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Papua LNG Partners Take Step Toward Investment Decision (Nov 19)
- Total May Source LNG from Louisiana and Baja Projects (Nov 05)
- Gasoline Retailers Face Supply Shortage Due to Mexico Fuel Theft (Nov 01)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)
Company: Bluewater Energy more info
- Bluewater to Supply 2 Turret Mooring Systems for Kaombo Project off Angola (Jun 06)
- Technip Wins Cheviot Field Contract (Mar 29)
- Bluewater Unveils New Composite Cryogenic Hose for Next Gen LNG Transfer (May 26)