Video: Shell's Mars B - Attention - We are About to Open the Well
View the moment production began at Shell’s pioneering Mars B Olympus platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Mars B is the first deep-water project in the Gulf to expand an existing oil and gas field with significant new infrastructure, which should extend the life of the greater Mars basin to 2050 or beyond. Combined future production from Olympus and the original Mars platform is expected to deliver an estimated resource base of 1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe).
This Mars B First Oil video will give you a sense of the anticipation, excitement and pride encountered on the road to production. Turning this project into an operating asset took more than 25,000 individuals over 5 years to complete.
If you want to take part in ground-breaking and exciting projects like Mars B visit www.shell.com/careers
- How Does a Tension Leg Platform (TLP) Work?
- Shell Opens its First Post-Macondo Platform in U.S. Gulf
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)