CGX Inks LOI for Hakurya-12 to Drill Guyana's Corentyne Block in 2015
Canada's oil and gas exploration firm CGX Energy Inc. (CGX Energy or the Company) announced Monday that it has entered into a binding letter of intent (LOI) with Teikoku Oil (Suriname) Co., Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Inpex Corporation (Inpex and CGX Energy, the Rig Sharing Group), and Japan Drilling Co., Ltd. (JDC), for use of the jackup Hakuryu-12 (400' ILC) .
The LOI forms the basis of the definitive rig agreements between JDC and each of the members of the Rig Sharing Group. The members of the Rig Sharing Group are required to enter into definitive rig agreements with JDC in order to reduce mobilization and demobilization costs. The Hakuryu-12 will be delivered to Trinidad between April 1, 2015 and May 1, 2015.
Dewi Jones, CEO of the Company, commented: "This LOI represents the next step in drilling at our 100 percent owned Corentyne Block. Being a part of the Rig Sharing Group means that CGX Energy will benefit from significantly reduced mobilization and demobilization costs typically associated with offshore drilling. The Hakuryu-12 is a jackup that fits the Company's well design specifications."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: Japan Drilling more info
- Rosneft Makes Discovery at Wild Orchid Gas Condensate Field Off Vietnam (Aug 12)
- India-Led Joint Expedition Finds Large Gas Hydrate Deposit in Bay of Bengal (Jul 26)
- Rosneft Spuds PLDD-1X Well in Vietnam's Nam Con Son Basin with Hakuryu-5 (Mar 09)
Company: CGX Energy more info
- CGX Inks LOI for Hakurya-12 to Drill Guyana's Corentyne Block in 2015 (Jun 03)
- CGX Spins Bit Offshore Guyana (Feb 13)
- Repsol Spuds Jaguar Well Offshore Guyana (Feb 09)