Benthic Bags Geotechnical Site Investigation Job for Browse FLNG Project
Benthic, a global geosciences company, announced Friday that it has been awarded a contract by Woodside Energy Ltd. to undertake an offshore geotechnical site investigation for the proposed Browse Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Development off the North West coast of Western Australia. The survey will assist with further understanding details of the seabed features of the Browse gas fields.
Operating from the vessel Nor Captain, Benthic’s PROD (Portable Remotely Operated Drill) will complete in-situ testing and sampling, with penetration depths up to 328 feet (100 meters) below the mudline, in water depths of 2,296 feet (700 meters). PROD has successfully executed 3 previous projects in adjacent sectors of the Browse Fields providing Woodside with real time experience and knowledge of the fields’ seabed conditions.
“Benthic is delighted to be working again with Woodside on the proposed Browse FLNG Development for this prestigious project,” stated Steve Pywell, CEO.
The 2 month geotechnical investigation is expected to commence mid-June.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Benthic more info
- Benthic Bags Contracts for Woodside's Browse FLNG, Greater Enfield Projects (Nov 24)
- Benthic Bags Geotechnical Site Investigation Job for Browse FLNG Project (Jun 02)
- Benthic Clinches Deal for Geotechnical Investigation off Western Australia (Nov 14)