McDermott, PT Encona Clinch EPC Deal for Chevron's Gendalo-Gehem Project
McDermott International, Inc. (McDermott) reported Friday that a consortium comprising subsidiaries of McDermott and Indonesia's PT Encona Inti Industri has been notified it was successful in the tender for an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for the Gendalo-Gehem natural gas development in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The firm said the contract award will be subject to various conditions, including government and regulatory approvals and final investment decision (FID).
Chevron is the operator of the Gendalo-Gehem deepwater natural gas project, which includes 2 separate hub developments, each with its own floating production unit, subsea drill centers, gas and condensate pipelines, and onshore receiving facility.
The FID for the project, with a maximum daily production of around 1.1 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 47,000 barrels of condensate, is planned for 2014, subject to the timing of government approvals.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)