Shelf Drilling Bags $281M Deals to Supply 2 Jackups for Chevron Thailand
Shelf Drilling, Ltd., an United Arab Emirates-based firm, announced Tuesday that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded contracts for two newbuild jackups by Chevron Thailand, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation.
The two drilling contracts are for a five-year term each and the newbuild jackups are scheduled to commence operations offshore Thailand during the first and third quarter of 2017 respectively. The estimated revenues which could be generated over the five-year contract term are approximately $281 million for each jackup, excluding revenues for mobilization, demobilization and miscellaneous adjustments.
In connection with the contracts, Shelf Drilling will commission two fit-for-purpose newbuild jackups based on the MLT Super 116 E design. A subsidiary of Shelf Drilling, Ltd. has entered into a shipyard contract with Lamprell Plc to construct both jackups at the Lamprell Hamriyah shipyard in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. This contract will be executed for an estimated combined capital cost of $370 million, excluding capitalized interest.
The two jackups, designed through collaboration between Chevron Thailand, Lamprell Plc, and Shelf Drilling engineering and operations personnel, will be capable of operating in water depths of up to 350 feet and for use in constructing wells with maximum drilling depth of 30,000 feet. The jackups will feature specifically fit-for-purpose offshore drilling technology, and accommodation for 160 persons.
Shelf Drilling is a private company owned by management and private equity funds managed by Castle Harlan, CHAMP Private Equity and Lime Rock Partners.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Saturno Brazil Pre-Salt Acreage Goes to Shell and Chevron (Sep 28)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)
Company: Shelf Drilling, Ltd. more info
- Shelf Drilling Plans To Expand Its Rig Fleet After Oslo IPO (Jun 12)
- Shelf Drilling Selects Drydocks World for Major Repair to High Island IV (Oct 28)
- Shelf Drilling Pulls IPO (Jul 02)